We have several internal Council Working Groups which focus on making improvements and sharing expertise on specific topics, including canteens, uniform shops, before and after school care and community partnerships. Some meet regularly, others communicate via email. Anyone is free to join. To nominate for a working group, use this form.
Our regular meetings are also an excellent way to meet others working in P&Cs and learn more about what other P&Cs do to enhance their schools.
Articles: "At our P&C..."
See what other P&Cs are up to and how they approach their role through our series of articles "At our P&C..." which are a regular feature in ParentACTion magazine.
- How Forrest Primary's pick-up and drop-off system keeps traffic flowing smoothly and students safe.
- How Fraser Primary is encouraging more parents to be involved with "Fraser Friends".
- How two school canteens are coping with the challenge of creating and promoting healthy foods.
- How a whole-school bike ride at Lyneham Primary has become a major fundraiser, as well as a highlight in the school’s calendar.
- How Farrer Primary run a fun family movie night for Father's Day.
- Ainslie Primary released a glossy, professional cookbook as a major fundraiser.
- A community kitchen at Hughes Primary opens the school to international families.
- Carolyn Fisher re-invents the P&C for high school.
- Stefanie Pidcock explains how Majura Primary turned their canteen's financial position around.
- Forrest Primary tell us about their successful after school activities business.
- Jo Prezzi outlines her P&C's goal-oriented approach.
- Angela Lewis from Harrison school discusses how they use social media to communicate with parents.