All public school P&C associations are affiliated members of Council.
Membership gives your P&C:
- Access to Council's support services:
Comprehensive information and resources to help you run the P&C
Over the phone or email advice on any matters relating to the P&C from our friendly staff
Free training workshops for P&C officers and committee members
- Access to Council's group insurance scheme which provides insurance for your P&C at much reduced cost.
- Free publications: Our quarterly magazine "ParentACTion" (delivered to all schools), and our fortnightly ebulletin "Council Communicator" (emailed to P&C office-bearers at each school) are both full of interesting and useful information for parents and P&C office bearers.
- Representation of P&C and parent concerns to the Minister and Education Directorate, resolution of problems with the school/Directorate and input to educational policy and decisions.
- On request face-to-face meetings with your P&C to discuss any problems or concerns.
- Free attendance at P&C Council general meetings with guest speakers on relevant topics of concern to parents.
- A regular forum to exchange ideas, network with other parents and share expertise or raise concerns with other P&Cs.
- Free access to the NSWBuy ecatalogue of discounted products and services.
Membership fees are due by June 30 each year. If you are not able to meet this deadline please get in touch. See also our FAQ for new P&C office bearers.
Individuals can also join Council. You do not need to be a member of a P&C Association. Anyone who has an interest in improving public education is welcome. Please contact us to talk about becoming involved.
Related organisations - associate membership
Council also accepts associate membership. This is open to any organisation consisting of parents and citizens which draws its membership from more than two ACT Government Schools and represents the educational interests of students with special needs. For more information, or if you would like to become an associate member, contact us.