Parents and Citizens Associations must purchase insurance

Insurance must be obtained for:

  • P&C office holders
  • activities sponsored or staffed by the P&C
  • equipment owned by the P&C
  • workers compensation if your association employs staff

We offer insurance to our members at below market rates

We offer members low cost insurance through a group scheme.

To the best of our knowledge there is no insurer offering more competitive rates for equivalent cover.

We have been working with Civic Insurance Brokers since 2012 and have established a good working relationship with them. They understand the varied and particular needs of P&Cs.

Insurance cover relates only to activities sponsored by and/or staffed by P&C representatives
and equipment owned or purchased by the P&C. It is not a general school or student insurance

The P&C insurance package includes:

  • operator’s liability (which includes public liability, products liability and breach of
  • professional duty)
  • loss through fire
  • burglary
  • theft in the open air
  • machinery breakdown (optional - if required)
  • loss of money
  • personal accident for voluntary workers and children in their care (optional).

For details on what is covered, implications for fundraising events and how to claim, see our Information Sheet.

Civic Insurance Brokers also offer workers' compensation insurance for P&Cs that employ staff.

Please contact us to arrange P&C insurance or for further information.

When do I need to arrange insurance through Council?

The insurance period is 1 July to 30 June. In term 2 forms will be issued to member P&Cs. This timeframe is designed to allow new Treasurers time to understand insurance.

Finding out more

To find out more, see our Information Sheet or come along to our annual insurance workshop (held towards the beginning of each year).