- ACT Curriculum Taskforce (commenting on curriculum changes)
- Disability Education Reference Group (providing parent's input on disability issues)
- Literacy and Numeracy Reference Group
- ACT's School Drug Education group
- School Transport Liaison Committee (including looking at school bus services)
- Board of Senior Secondary Studies
- Careers Transitions Advisory Framework
- College Appeals Review Committee
- Preschool Consultative Committee
- groups working on the design of several new schools in Canberra
Council also voices parent concerns with government by:
- regular meetings with the Education Minister and senior officials from the Education Directorate to raise issues experienced across ACT public schools and have input into emerging policies
- making formal submissions to official inquiries and government bodies
- writing submissions on the ACTs annual budget
Learn more about how Council acts as a voice for parents.
In addition, we have internal Council Working Groups focusing on making improvements and sharing expertise on specific topics.