- Section 11 of the P&C Treasurer's Handbook deals with the annual audit
- Section 12 outlines how to present the audited financials at the AGM
- Checklist of items to provide to your auditor (Section 11 of the Handbook)
- An example of an Annual Financial Statement is provided in our General Bookkeeping Spreadsheets (tab numbers 6 and 7)
- List of auditors willing to audit P&C books.
Book swap - an alternative to paying for an auditor!
Council is facilitating a 'book swap' scheme for small P&Cs (gross receipts less than $400,000 pa; fewer than 1000 members; no liquor licence) whereby two treasurers audit each other's books to avoid paying for expensive auditors. We provide training to show treasurers how to do a minimal audit of the P&C's accounts with whom they have 'swapped' books. If you'd like to be involved and be put in contact with treasurers to swap with, simply contact us.
Resources for P&Cs doing a 'book swap' (acting as an auditor for a small P&C):
- Worksheet to step you through the process of auditing a small P&C
- Sample of auditor's report to sign at the end of the audit